Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chinese Schools

#2 Chinese schools

Well- an update on the parties... Kristy's went well lastnight; she
taught them the hokey pokey and they learned the 16 step from the TA's
that she has. She said it was okay. Also, yesterday Angela and Amy's
TA's partnered to schedule a "three legged race" competition for the
afternoon. Which means that they not only did not have to teach
yesterday, they did not have class until 3:50 and then they watched
kids 3 legged race. They did not participate. So- that leaves the
rest of us to do the real work. In the meantime, I have lost 28
students out of one of my classes for this English competition, and I
guess I just have to deal with the ones that are left. Even though
they don't seem to give much of a crap about learning English, much
less the thought of singing a Raffi song with me. Luckily I crafted a
brilliant powerpoint on American Holidays (including a special emphasis
on Earth Day- so we can explain that we don't litter like they do here)
to enthrall them for the last day of week 2. We're half way there...
by the way- my party has been "delayed until the 28th" I'll keep you posted.

No comments: